Beat the Heat: Makeup Meltdown. Averted.
With temperatures set to soar again in the coming days, just how do we save our faces from a full blown meltdown? Here’s how to achieve a flawless finish, rather than an oil slick mess.
1. Use Fewer Products: there will be less mess to slide off your face. Ditch the heavy melting pot of moisturisers, use a tinted sunblock instead. Try: Dermalogica Sheer Tint
2. Use a Primer: they are incredibly light, holds the makeup in place and suck up the oily sheen. Try Napoleon Auto Pilot
3. Waterproof mascara: just like at weddings, this is your BFF. And skip the lower lashes, what’s the point?! Try Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion
4. Ditch the Kohl and liquid eyeliner, use a Gel instead, they have more staying power. Try Maybelline Eye Studio
5. Blotting Paper: these are designed to suck up the oil not the makeup, so blot regularly before re-applying. Try Blooms
6. Go for a lip stain rather than a heavy lipstick or goopy sticky gloss. Try Smashbox
What’s your favourite hot weather face fix?
(featured image credit: Our Vanity)